This soup is so creamy, delicious and filled with pillowy gnocchi. It’s so easy to make and will have you cozying up with a bowl in no time!
1 (17 oz) package of Vegan Gnocchi
2 medium Carrots sliced
2 ribs of Celery chopped
1 small Onion chopped
4 cloves of Garlic minced
1 1/2 cups (120 g) of Broccoli (if using frozen then let thaw) roughly chopped
2 cups (60 g) Spinach packed and then roughly chopped
3 1/2 Tbsp (52 g) @miyokoscreamery Vegan Butter
3 1/2 Tbsp (52 g) Flour
3 cups (709 ml) @betterthanbouillon Vegetable Broth base
2 1/2 cups (591 ml) of @oatly Plant Milk
1 1/2 tsp (7.5 g)Thyme
1/2 tsp (2.5 g) Onion Salt
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
Pinch of Red Chili Flakes (optional)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil on med heat and sauté the onions, celery and carrots until onions become translucent. About 3-5 minutes.
2. Add in the broccoli, thyme, garlic, onion salt and chili flakes (if using) then continue cooking or another couple of minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
3. Add in the butter and once melted add in the flour. Mix well and stir occasionally while you cook for another minute to cook out the raw flour flavor.
4. Add in the vegetable broth and milk and bring to a soft boil. Lower the heat to med low and simmer for 8 minutes.
5. Add in the gnocchi, chopped spinach and nutmeg and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the gnocchi is cooked through and the spinach is wilted.
Recipe by @TheYummyVegan