BETTER THAN TAKEOUT SESAME CAULIFLOWER 🥡 [gf, v]
Meatless Monday has never looked better! 😍 This delightfully crispy, flavorful, takeout-style sesame cauliflower is TO DIE FOR! 👏🏼 What makes it better than takeout?! Well, it’s just as delicious, way healthier (baked not fried, refined sugar free, lower in sodium), less expensive, and ready in 35 minutes! 🤩 Plus it’s gluten free AND vegan! 🥰 Your friends and family (and your taste buds!) will have no idea this is a healthier, gluten-fee spin on your fav take out because it’s just that GOOD! 😋 Check out the FULL RECIPE below! ❤️ Xo.
Crispy Sesame Cauliflower 🥡
• 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium florets, stems removed
• 3/4 C water
• 1 C brown rice flour or GF all purpose flour
• 1 TBSP liquid aminos or soy sauce
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 C GF breadcrumbs
Sesame Sauce 🥢
• 1/4 C liquid aminos or soy sauce
• 1/4 C sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar, swerve)
• 3 TBSP sesame seeds
• 1 TBSP sesame oil
• 1 TBSP ginger, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 TBSP chili garlic sauce
• 1 TBSP tomato paste
• 2 TBSP rice vinegar
• 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
• 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
• 2 tsp tapioca flour, arrowroot powder, or corn starch + 2 TBSP water
To Serve 🍚
• 1 bunch broccolini, steamed
• 2 C jasmine rice, cooked according to package
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 1 TBSP sesame seeds
1️⃣ Mix together all ingredients for batter in a bowl, except breadcrumbs. Should be slightly thinner than pancake batter. Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat.
2️⃣ One by one, remove cauliflower from batter with a fork, letting excess drip off, and transfer to an oiled parchment lined baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
3️⃣ Bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes until golden.
4️⃣ Make sauce by adding all ingredients except tapioca flour to a small saucepan. Simmer to thicken. Mix tapioca flour with water and stir into sauce until desired texture is achieved.
5️⃣ Remove cauliflower from oven and let cool for 3-5 min (prevents it from getting soggy!) Transfer to a bowl and toss gently with sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.
Recipe by @JackfruitfulKitchen